Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection on Shutter Drag

It took me a few minutes to figure out what I wanted to do. So I figured I would do something unique (at least as far as I know) and took a picture of a student with a sharpie writing on a bathroom stall. I tried extremely hard to find the correct shutter speed. It was difficult for my subject to hold his head still while writing so I just left it since it would appear as a more natural writing motion. The final image had the shutter speed set at 4 seconds, a very long time for a photo. The idea came to me not only because I thought it was unique but because it is showing a student expressing himself anonymously as many students would like the opportunity to do, for fear of being judged. My shutter drag photo took some thought and required effort in the abstract thought process.

No comments:

Post a Comment